I had the privilege to stay with and care for my mom for a week while Karrie went to a wedding in CA. She has been God's instrument to me, always pointing me to Jesus. She has sacrificed so much, given so much, loved so much. It was a tremendous blessing to care for her now as she faces the end stages of cancer. Her tumors grow larger and cause more pain and nausea and decreased body function. They prevent her from taking in enough nourishment, so her body weakens. She is my hero as her faith in Christ remains strong through all her suffering. She only hopes in the Lord and trusts Him with her whole life; it belongs to Him. I love her dearly and I too know that her life belongs to the Lord. We had moments of sweet fellowship during my visit. The Holy Spirit poured peace out on us. I hope to sew in my children what she has sewn in me: to love as Jesus loved.
Rachel and Mema
Genevieve and Mema
Jane wanted to climb the "ladder" up to Mema (the bed-side)
Jane Hope, Deanna Hope, and Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment