Celebrating our Nations independence:
This year on July 4th, I told Rachel that when it was dark outside we would hear and see fireworks. She waited all evening, frequently checking outside to see if it was dark yet. I put Genevieve to bed and we waited for dark to fall. As it began to get darker in the house, I turned on lights. Rachel followed me around turning off the lights, fearful that it would never get dark if I continued turning on lights. Finally, it was dark outside. I thought having the lights off would be fine so we could see the fireworks from inside. (There were 4 fireworks displays all around the house. Our neighbors turn the neighborhood into what sounds like an artillery testing site for 5 days, surrounding the 4th. hooray for the legal sale of fireworks (the really big and loud ones) in SC.)
Alas, it was too dark. Rachel went around to the same lights she had turned off 15 minutes earlier and turned them all on. We went outside to sit in the front yard and watch the show. She was so excited all day for the fireworks. When the first large rocket was launched, she buried her head in my neck and requested that I turn the fireworks off. We went inside and heard the fireworks from a safe distance. Watching from the window was just fine.
Here are the girls before it got dark outside; before the fireworks were turned on.

This year on July 4th, I told Rachel that when it was dark outside we would hear and see fireworks. She waited all evening, frequently checking outside to see if it was dark yet. I put Genevieve to bed and we waited for dark to fall. As it began to get darker in the house, I turned on lights. Rachel followed me around turning off the lights, fearful that it would never get dark if I continued turning on lights. Finally, it was dark outside. I thought having the lights off would be fine so we could see the fireworks from inside. (There were 4 fireworks displays all around the house. Our neighbors turn the neighborhood into what sounds like an artillery testing site for 5 days, surrounding the 4th. hooray for the legal sale of fireworks (the really big and loud ones) in SC.)
Alas, it was too dark. Rachel went around to the same lights she had turned off 15 minutes earlier and turned them all on. We went outside to sit in the front yard and watch the show. She was so excited all day for the fireworks. When the first large rocket was launched, she buried her head in my neck and requested that I turn the fireworks off. We went inside and heard the fireworks from a safe distance. Watching from the window was just fine.
Here are the girls before it got dark outside; before the fireworks were turned on.








No comments:
Post a Comment